Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Quick Baby Update

Well - since I am just sitting in my office for the next 10 minutes trying to get up the energy to start on the next project, I thought I update a little with what I have. Here is a picture of my little baby boy....isn't he just a cute blob :)? I really can't wait to see him in person. (Thanks to my neighbor Jeff for adding a little karate touch) I am pretty sure he will be way cute - just like his dad. Hoping for some hair. Hopefully he isn't bald like his mother was for the first 2 years of her life. All I know is that he is definitely a mover and a shaker.



Yesterday I evidently didn't eat or drink enough in the morning and ended up in the OB emergency department for 3 hours or so by 3pm. I started getting really dizzy in the afternoon and just didn't feel right. I was getting really short of breath walking and my balance was way off. Felt like I should NOT drive home, so I ended up getting checked out since I was stuck here at the hospital anyway. Luckily all my tests and blood work were normal and I kind of felt dumb cause I made a big fuss for nothing. But the nurses and doctors were really nice about it and it's better to be safe than sorry. My little boy was the highlight of the afternoon on the fetal monitor. He kept the nurse really busy because everytime she stuck the fetal monitor on my belly to monitor his heart beat and movement - he would squirm and squirm and really make it hard for her to get the right spot. Once she would find a good spot, he would deliver a sharp kick to the monitor and move it. My belly really did look like Sigourney Weaver on Alien!

A quick ultrasound to make sure he had enough fluid around him was done - and he was just perfect. It amazes me that I can feel like crap and my body knows to shunt all my supplies to support the baby :) So in the end I had to drink 2 liters of fluid while I was there and another liter when I got home. Last night the toilet and I were really good friends :).

Well enough gross details. Baby and I are doing great and I can't wait to meet this little karate kid in 9 weeks!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm excited your updating!
I love the baby picture it's hilarious, ironically enough I am watching the original "Karate Kid" as we speak. :)

JJ:) said...

He's gonna be so cute!!!and be prepared, when they move that much inside, there bound to move more and faster when there out!!!