Monday, November 8, 2010

Halloween, Blessing, then Happy 2 Months Old!! Happy is the key! :)

Tony and I can't believe that it has been 2 months since we welcomed this little squish :) I am SOOOO NOT looking forward to going back to work in the mornings come December 1st, so I try and spend as much time during the day just enjoying my little boy.

For Tony's birthday we joined our neighbors the Smiths and Williams to celebrate Tony and Jeff W.'s birthdays. It was a fun dinner and some good presents. :) Tried to make sure Landon had a hand...or a foot in the gift giving :)
Halloween was FUN. The week before we went with Jena and Tyler to the Witches Night at Gardner Village. 
Erin and Jena

(So, I, Tony, come home from work and Erin can't get this photo to look right in blogger on her computer, so I unleash the all mighty power of the holy MacBook Pro and voila! SUCCESS! I am a God among MEN! Erin says, "Your such a DORK!")

Tyler, Jena, and Landon
Then on the 29th we went to a friend's party as 3 ninjas: 1 white ninja and 2 black ninjas :) I finished Landon's Gi at 6:30 on Oct 29th. Just in time for the party and his blessing on Sunday, the 31st.


I had been planning on my little baby boy being blessed in a white karate gi since the day I found out his was a boy. It just totally worked out that it was Halloween so the costume idea fit!! So with a little tweaking of a similar pattern and a lot of encouragement and help from Lita, it fianlly came together. (totally forgot to put the blue ribbon belt on for the pics :P)
As for the blessing day, Tony's entire family was down here. This was the 1st time in 5 years that we were all together. What a nice change. Trey just got back from his mission in Calgary CA on October 28th. My parents and Caleb came down too for the occasion. Caleb was just about to leave on his mission to LA the following on November 3rd. So it all worked out great! Even though everyone looked great, Landon decided just as Tony started to give the blessing that he was going to SCREAM his lungs out. We only were able to catch a couple words that he said because Landon was screaming so loud. I'm sure it was a nice blessing, and I don't think we have to hear it to ensure the blessings come to him. Jeff Williams, Chuck Smith, Michael Shannon, Caleb Shannon, Farren Davis, Taylor Davis, and Trey Davis were in the circle with Tony. It was really special.

The last week with everyone here, Landon got plenty of cuddle time!!! He has really started to smile over the last 2 weeks. Even on command and cue. We really need to get out the video camera too, but at least we are able to capture some of his cuteness on camera. ENJOY!!

4 comments:

Shar said...

love the costumes! it's so awesome that you guys dress up every year. i like to, but trav doesn't.

and it was so good to see you, erin, and hold landon. he is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hey here are some of the things I remember from the blessing I was able to hear a bit of it :)
-Health and strength
-Desire to serve a mission
-Desire to keep the commandments
-Marry in the temple
-Be a support to his family
-Pursue an education that will help him to support his family in an honorable way

Hopefully they are a few more words then you remember :)
He is a cutie!

Erin said...

Cori - thanks sooo much for remembering some of the blessing :)

Shar - remember when we dressed up for halloween and actually went out to JC Penny and visited Tony? I can't believe we left the apartment!!

Shar said...

i was totally thinking of that night when i commented on this! so fun. :)